Wildfires in NW Syria | Blazes devour hundreds of dunams of farmlands in over 20 villages in Al-Qardaha, Jablah, Latakia, Hama and Homs countryside
Syrian Observatory activists have reported ongoing large blazes which suddenly broke out in the early hours of Friday morning in the countryside of Latakia, Al-Qardaha, Jablah, and Hama. Fire caught forests and orchards in the following areas:
- Ghalmasiyyah, Al-Boudy and Benjarou, in Jablah countryside.
- Kalmakhu, Jabal Al-Arin, Qumin, Quayqah, Al-Fakhurah and Beseet in Al-Qardaha, the hometown of the Syrian regime president “Bashar al-Assad”. It is worth noting that some civilians have been evacuated from Quayqah town, in the wake of the spread of fires to the residents’ houses.
- Um Al-Toyour town on Latakia-Kasab highway, where SOHR sources have conformed that the residents fled from their houses after the aggravation and spread of fires to their houses. However, no casualties have been reported.
- Shafi Nouh area where fire caught houses near other houses and olive trees, near the “Naval Academy”, amid attempts by the members from the academy to extinguish the blazes in Jablah countryside.
- Bushes of Al-Dayroun area in western Hama.
- Areas near Al-Muzayanah Dam and the bushes near Um Al-Mees village in the western countryside of Homs.