Daraa instability | Lieutenant of “4th Corps” assassinated in western countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that two unknown gunmen on a motorcycle shot dead a regime lieutenant in Sahem Al-Golan town in Al-Yarmouk Basin in the western countryside of Daraa. It is worth noting that the victim is from Sahl Al-Ghab in rural Hama and affiliated to the regime-backed “4th Corps”.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 720 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 478 persons, categorised as follows:
- 132 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 213 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 89 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.