Daraa instability | “Collaborator” with regime security services found dead in northern countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have confirmed that unknown gunmen kidnapped yesterday a “collaborator” with regime security services in front of his house in Jasim city in the northern countryside of Daraa, but he was found dead today in the city’s cemetery.
It is worth noting that the victim had sustained serious injuries in an earlier assassination attempt in late September.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 721 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 478 persons, categorised as follows:
- 132 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 213 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 89 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.