Security vacuum | Unknown gunmen assassinate civilian in rural Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a civilian today in Tafas city in Daraa countryside. It is worth noting that the victim was a former opposition fighter in Daraa’s factions.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 722 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 479 persons, categorised as follows:
- 133 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 213 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 89 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.