Assassinations | Unknown assailants shoot dead chief of “Al-Sanamayn City Council”
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Unknown assailants shot dead the chief of “City Council” of Al-Sanamayn in the northern countryside of Daraa, before they escaped.
SOHR sources have just reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a civilian today in Tafas city in Daraa countryside. It is worth noting that the victim was a former opposition fighter in Daraa’s factions.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 723 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 480 persons, categorised as follows:
- 134 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 213 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 89 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.