Deteriorating security | Unidentified woman found dead near Idlib city
Idlib Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: A twenty-year old unidentified woman was found dead today in Al-Habbat quarry on the road between Idlib and Maarrat Al-Nu’man cities.
According to forensic in Idlib city, the woman died 12 days ago after her head hit a solid object.
This incident coincides with the deteriorating security situations in areas under the control of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and opposition factions in Idlib.
On October 10, SOHR sources reported that two civilians, a man in his forties and a woman in her thirties, were found dead with marks of gunshots on their bodies in farmlands in Barisha town in Harem countryside.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 673. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 200 civilians, including 23 children and 21 women
- 390 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 70 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.