Daraa instability | Unknown gunmen attack the house of militiaman “mediate reconciliation deals”, while others shoot civilians, injuring three
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on the house of a member of the 4th Division, who is used to mediating reconciliation deals with the Syrian regime, in Al-Msifra town in eastern Daraa. However no casualties have been reported.
Meanwhile, other gunmen of the committees of the military intelligence branch towered over the roofs of houses opposite Tariq Al-Sadd neighbourhood in Daraa Al-Balad, where they opened fire on civilians, injuring a man, a woman and a child.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 736 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 485 persons, categorised as follows:
- 135 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 213 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 92 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.