Deteriorating security | Unidentified person found dead near Daraa Al-Balad
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Residents found today the remnants of a decomposed body of unidentified person in Al-Nakhlah area near Daraa Al-Balad. This incident comes as a part of the deteriorating security situation across Daraa province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 737 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 486 persons, categorised as follows:
- 136 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 213 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 92 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.