The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 600 people in October 2020. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
Civilian death toll: 104 persons, including eight children under the age of 18, and five women over the age of 18, and they are as follows:
- Seven civilians were killed in Russian airstrikes.
- Ten civilians, including two women, were killed by regime forces.
- Two civilians died under torture in regime prisons
- Two civilians were killed as a result of opposition factions’ shelling.
- One civilian was killed by SDF.
- Eight civilians, including a woman and a child, were killed by the International Coalition Forces.
- Five civilians, including a woman and a child, were killed by “Peace Spring” operation forces
- One civilian was executed by HTS.
- Ten civilians, including a woman and a child, were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 16 civilians, including four children, were killed in IED and landmine explosions.
- 20 civilians were killed in booby-trapped vehicles’ explosions.
- 17 civilians, including one child, were killed in separate assassinations across Syria.
- One child among six civilians were killed by the Turkish Jandarma
Syrian fighters of Islamic factions, opposition factions and other movements and organizations: 106
Syria Democratic Forces: 13
Regime forces: 124
Members of the Popular Committees, and the National Defense Forces, and loyalists to regime forces of Syrian citizens: 83
Lebanese Hezbollah: 1
Loyalists to the regime forces of non-Syrian citizens mostly of the Shiite sect: 2
Fighters of Islamic factions, ISIS, Al-Nusra Front (Qaeda organization of the Levant), and Muhjereen and al-Ansar Army and Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian citizens: 160
We, at the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, call on the international community once again to work hard to stop the bloodshed in Syria. The people of Syria have been facing tyranny and oppression in their noble endeavour and cause to obtain justice, democracy, freedom and equality.
The Syrian Observatory renew its commitment to continue monitoring and documenting all the developments on the ground in Syria including, the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people, as well as publishing all relevant statistics and causalities of such heinous acts, and hope to help all the ongoing efforts of bringing the perpetrators to special international courts, so that they do not escape justice for the crimes they committed against the people of Syria.