Daraa security vacuum | Unknown gunmen open machinegun fire on military security’s detachment in Sahem Al-Golan
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: reliable sources have informed SOHR that unknown gunmen opened machinegun fire in the early hours of Saturday morning on the detachment of the regime’s military security service in Sahem Al-Golan town in Yarmouk Basin in the western countryside of Daraa. No casualties have been reported.
Yesterday, reliable sources told SOHR that unknown assailants threw a grenade on the house of a member of the Russian-backed 5th Corps in Sayda town in the eastern countryside of Daraa, which caused material damage only.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 747 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 493 persons, categorised as follows:
- 138 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 216 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 93 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.