Assassinations | Unknown gunmen shoot dead “collaborator” with regime forces in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Unknown gunmen sot dead a “collaborator” with regime forces today in Tasil town in the western countryside of Daraa, bringing the number of people assassinated today in Daraa province to three, as security situation is deteriorating across the province.
A few hours ago, Observatory activists documented the death of two members of the “4th Division”, headed by the brother of the Syrian regime’s president, after being shot by unknown gunmen in the town of Tel Shihab in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 763 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 502 persons, categorised as follows:
- 138 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 220 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 97 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.