Idlib Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
As security chaos continues in the areas held by HTS and opposition factions in Idlib and the surrounding countryside, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored a new murder of a child under the age of eighteen.
The body of the child was found next to “Samidon camp” in rural Salqin city, northwest of Idlib, while no information has been reported to date about the identity of the perpetrators and motives. Marks were seen on the child’s neck, which indicates he was killed by a sharp object in his neck. Meanwhile, the hospital said that the cause of death was a gunshot to the neck.
It is worth nothing that the child was displaced from Sahl Al-Ghab.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 723. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 216 civilians, including 24 children and 21 women
- 426 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 79 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.