Security chaos | Unidentified gunmen target Air-Force Intelligence checkpoint in western Daraa countryside
Daraa governorate – The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR sources have reported an attack with a hand grenade by unidentified gunmen on a checkpoint belonging to the Air-Force Intelligence on the road of Da’il-Tafas in western countryside of Daraa. Meanwhile, ambulance were seen rushing to the site of the checkpoint, but no casualties have been reported so far.
Earlier this morning, SOHR activists have documented the death of a top officer and injury of four other soldiers of the regime-backed “4th Division”, after being shot today by unknown gunmen on motorcycles in Tasil city centre in western Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 823 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 540 persons, categorised as follows:
- 151 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 243 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 104 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.