Armed fight | Several people killed and injured in clashes between two tribes in Tafas city
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Reliable SOHR sources say that an armed fight erupted this morning between members of “Kiwan” and “Al-Za’bi” tribes in Tafas city in the western countryside of Daraa. The fight resulted in the death of two young men, one form each tribe, amid growing tension in Tafas city, while both tribes are amassing more members. Moreover, reconnaissance drones were seen flying over the city.
Separately, Syrian Observatory activists have documented two separate assassination attempts in Al-Sanamyn city in Daraa countryside, as two young men sustained various injuries after unknown gunmen opened fire on them.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 846 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 554 persons, categorised as follows:
- 156 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 248 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 108 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.