Security chaos in Daraa | Unknown assailants attack collaborator with security services in rural province
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR activists say that a resident from the town of Bosr al-Harir in Daraa countryside was seriously injured today, after being shot by unknown assailants in the town of Nahta, east of Daraa.
According to Syrian Observatory sources, the vicitim was a collaborator with the security services and the Lebanese Hezbollah.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 847 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 555 persons, categorised as follows:
- 157 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 248 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 108 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.