Daraa | Group of the “4th Division” kills civilian in western countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Reliable sources have informed SOHR that a group of the regime-backed “4th Division” opened machinegun fire on a house in Zayzoun village in the western countryside of Daraa, killing a civilian, the house’s owner. However, the reasons behind this incident remained unknown. It is worth noting that this group is known for its notoriousness.
Yesterday, SOHR activists said that a civilian from the town of Bosr al-Harir in Daraa countryside was seriously injured, after being shot by unknown assailants in the town of Nahta, east of Daraa. According to Syrian Observatory sources, the victim was a “collaborator” with the security services and Lebanese Hezbollah.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 847 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 555 persons, categorised as follows:
- 157 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 248 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 108 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.