Assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen open fire on civilian in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: A civilian from Al-Harrak city in the eastern countryside of Daraa sustained several injuries, after unknown assailants shot him in the city. According to SOHR sources, the civilian works in Lebanon and he was in a visit to his relatives.
SOHR activists documented earlier this morning the death of a young man affected by the injuries he sustained on January 13 when unknown gunmen opened fire on him un Al-Sanamayn city in the northern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 852 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 563 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 249 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 109 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.