After joining regime’s Military Security | New assassination targeting former opposition fighter in Daraa
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored a new assassination in Daraa governorate, in which a former fighter of the opposition factions was killed, who had joined the regime’s Military Security after striking a reconciliation deal, by shooting him by unknown gunmen in al-Shayah area in Daraa city.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 853 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 564 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 250 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 109 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.