Western countryside of Daraa | Assassination targeting settled-status member operating in Fourth Division
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored a new assassination in southern Syrian province of Daraa, which targeted a former member of the opposition factions, who struck a reconciliation deal and joined the “Fourth Division” headed by the brother of the head of the Syrian regime, in the town of Saham al-Golan in the west of Daraa.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has just monitored a new assassination in Daraa governorate, in which a former fighter of the opposition factions was killed, who had joined the regime’s Military Security after striking a reconciliation deal, by shooting him by unknown gunmen in al-Shayah area in Daraa city.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 854 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 565 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 250 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 110 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.