Daraa security vacuum | Regime “collaborator” dies of his wounds in Nahteh’s attack
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the death of a “collaborator” with regime forces, succumbing to his wounds sustained in gunfire by unknown gunmen in Nahteh town in Daraa countryside.
Observatory activists have just reported that a “collaborator” with regime forces sustained serious injuries due to an assassination attempt in Nahteh town in Daraa countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 855 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 566 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 251 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 110 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.