Armed attack | Two members of the 4th Division killed in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the death of two members of the 4th Division and injury of others in an attack last night on Al-Safarayn military checkpoint on the road to Al-Sadd in the west of Nawa city in the western countryside of Daraa. Meanwhile, the rest 4th Division’s members stationed at the checkpoint have fled to near ergime positions in the area.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 855 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 568 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 252 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 111 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.