Assassination | Unknown gunmen shoot dead member of regime “military security” in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the death of a former fighter of opposition factions, who settled his security situation and later joined the regime “military security” service, after being shot by unknown gunmen on the outskirts of Jilin residences in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 864 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 583 persons, categorised as follows:
- 160 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 263 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 113 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.