Collaborated with regime security services | Head of town dies of injuries sustained in eastern Daraa countryside
Daraa governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR activists say that the head of Al-Msifra town in eastern Daraa countryside, has died of injuries he sustained this morning, after being shot by unknown gunmen in the town. It is worth noting that the victim was collaborating with the regime’s security services, according to sources from the town.
SOHR sources just said that the head of al-Msifra town in eastern Daraa countryside was injured and taken to hospital, as a result of an assassination attempt in the town, as he was shot by unknown assailants.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 886 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 588 persons, categorised as follows:
- 161 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 265 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.