Daraa instability | IED explodes in former headquarters of opposition factions, while unknown gunmen throw grenade on civilian car
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have reported an IED explosion in a former headquarters of opposition factions in Al-Yadoudah town in Daraa countryside. No casualties have been reported.
On the other hand, unknown gunmen threw a grenade on a civilian car in Ma’raba town in the eastern countryside of Daraa, which burned down the car, but no casualties have been reported.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 888 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 588 persons, categorised as follows:
- 161 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 265 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.