Daraa security vacuum | Ex-member of rescue teams survives assassination attempt, while two children kidnapped
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that a civilian, who had worked for the “Civil Defence” before he struck a reconciliation deal, survived an assassination attempt which targeted him in Tafas city in Daraa countryside.
Meanwhile, SOHR sources say that two children were kidnapped, this evening, by unknown gunmen in front of their house in Sheikh Maskin town in the northern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 896 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 592 persons, categorised as follows:
- 163 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 267 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.