IED attack | Two regime security members injured in northern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have documented the injury of two members of the regime’s “State Security Branch”, after an IED exploded in their motorcycle near the 15th Division in Inkhil city in northern Daraa. It is worth noting that the two members have been taken to Al-Sanamayn hospital as they sustained serious injuries.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 896 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 593 persons, categorised as follows:
- 163 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 267 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.