Deteriorating security in HTS-held areas | Unknown gunmen assassinate rebel in rural Idlib
Idlib Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a member of opposition factions on the road to Hazarah in the east of Al-Dana town in Idlib countryside.
On February 14, SOHR sources reported an explosion in the town of Al-Foua in the eastern countryside of Idlib, caused by an IED explosion near the town’s Local Council, which is controlled by factions and jihadists. The explosion caused material damage, but no casualties were reported.
On February 9, the body of a woman in her twenties was found with gunshot wounds on the road between Zardana and Ram Hamadan areas in north Idlib countryside. However, the identity of the woman and the reasons behind this murder remained unknown.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 741. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 226 civilians, including 24 children and 23 women
- 433 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 80 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.