New assassination | Unidentified gunmen assassinate collaborator with Air-Force Intelligence branch in Daraa al-Mahatta
Daraa governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored a new assassination in Daraa governorate, where unidentified gunmen targeted a collaborator with Air-Force Intelligence branch in the city of Daraa al-Mahatta, killing him instantly.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 917 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 601 persons, categorised as follows:
- 170 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 268 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.