Security chaos in Daraa | Northern countryside witnesses three security incidents
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR soyrces say that one person from the city of Inkhel in northern Daraa countryside was killed by an indiscriminate gunshot, while working inside a plastic factory in the area, and another person was injured, after being shot in front of his house by unknown gunmen in Jassim city in the same countryside.
Meanwhile, regime security services stormed the home of a person in Kafr Nasij town in northern Daraa countryside in order to arrest him but he was not at the house. While unknown assailants burned a secondary school down in the town of Alma, east of Daraa, for unknown reasons.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 931 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 602 persons, categorised as follows:
- 171 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 268 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.