Daraa countryside | Two people killed in two separate incidents in Jassim city
Daraa governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has documented the death of an agent of the regime’s security services, as a result of injuries he sustained a short time ago, after being shot by unknown assailants in the city of Jassim in northern countryside of Daraa.
Meanwhile, one person was shot dead by unknown gunmen on a motorcycle in the same city on Thursday evening.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 932 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 604 persons, categorised as follows:
- 171 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 270 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 25 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.