Eastern countryside of Daraa | New assassination targeting head of town collaborator with regime security services in southern Syria
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory has monitored an assassination attempt on the head of al-Msifra town in the eastern countryside of Daraa governorate, a collaborator with the regime security services of the regime, as unidentified gunmen targeted him, injuring him in the foot.
The province of Daraa in southern Syria has witnessed a new assassination on Sunday morning, targeting a settled-status member in its eastern countryside, where unidentified gunmen targeted a member of the Russian-backed “Fifth Corps” on the road connecting the towns of Khirbet Ghazala and Al-Garia al-Gharbia, killing him immediately.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 941 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 607 persons, categorised as follows:
- 173 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 270 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.