Eastern Daraa countryside | Regime soldier killed in armed attack on Air-Force Intelligence checkpoint
Daraa governorate – The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
Reliable sources have told SOHR that unidentified gunmen attacked this morning a checkpoint belonging to the Air-Force Intelligence on the outskirts of the town of Al-Sahwa in the eastern countryside of Daraa governorate in southern Syria, killing one of the members of the checkpoint, and wounding two others.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 945 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 610 persons, categorised as follows:
- 174 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 272 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.