Assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen open fire on regime “collaborator” in rural Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a man “collaborating” with regime security services in Bosr Al-Harir area in Daraa countryside, which injured him seriously.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 946 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 610 persons, categorised as follows:
- 174 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 272 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.