Assassination | Unknown assailants shoot dead two local militiamen affiliated to “Military Security Branch” in Daraa countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that two members of local factions affiliated to the “Military Security Branch” were shot dead in Al-Msifra town in Daraa countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 947 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 612 persons, categorised as follows:
- 174 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 274 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.