In routine occurrence in Daraa | Settled-status member assassinated in northern countryside
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
In light of daily assassinations in Daraa governorate in southern Syria, which target mostly members of the regime forces and collaborators, and former fighters of the opposition factions in Daraa, those who struck reconciliation deals with regime, the Syrian Observatory has monitored a new assassination by unknown gunmen, which targeted a settled-status member in the city of Jassim in northern rural Darra.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 948 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 613 persons, categorised as follows:
- 174 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 274 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 114 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.