Daraa security vacuum | Unknown gunmen assassinate regime soldier
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the death of a regime soldier, after being shot by unknown gunmen in Nawa city in Daraa countryside.
SOHR activists documented earlier today another assassination against a person with settled-status, as unknown gunmen shot him dead in Jasim city in north Daraa countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 949 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 614 persons, categorised as follows:
- 174 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 275 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 115 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.