Daraa security vacuum | Unknown gunmen shoot dead regime officer, while others assassinate ex-fighter of Islamic faction
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a regime officer, while traveling on his motorcycle on the road between Al-Harrak city and Al-Mulayha Al-Ghaebiyyah town.
On the other hand, unknown gunmen shot dead a “collaborator” with the military security’s 217th Branch near Al-Nabolsi roundabout in Tasil town in Daraa countryside. It is worth noting that the assassinated man was a fighter in Jaysh Khaled Ibn Al-Waleed which swore allegiance to the “Islamic State” organization.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 956 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 621 persons, categorised as follows:
- 176 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 279 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 117 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.