Assassination | Unknown gunmen shoot dead local commander in Military Intelligence Branch in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a commander of local factions working for the regime’s Military Intelligence Branch in Al-Taybah town in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
SOHR activists had said that an IED exploded in a military vehicle belonging to the regime’s State Security on the road to the national hospital near the city of Jassim, north of Daraa, killing one member of the regime forces and injuring four others.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 961 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 646 persons, categorised as follows:
- 177 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 301 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 118 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.