Daraa instability | Unknown gunmen assassinate two members of Air-Force Intelligence, while others attack local militiamen
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen in a car shot dead two members of Air-Force Intelligence on the outskirts of Da’el city in middle Daraa countryside, before they escaped.
On the other hand, unknown gunmen opened fire on a group of a local faction working for the military security branch on the road between Um Walad and Al-Misifrah, injuring several militiamen.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 963 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 648 persons, categorised as follows:
- 177 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 303 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 118 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.