Deteriorating security in Daraa | Regime “collaborator” assassinated, while IED explosion injures three children
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a civilian from Daraa in the public square in Al-Hara city in the western countryside of Daraa. The assassinated man known for his collaboration with the regime security services in Daraa province.
On the other hand, an IED planted by unknown individuals in Bosra Al-Sham city in rural Daraa exploded this evening. According to local sources, three children sustained various injuries due to the explosion.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 964 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 649 persons, categorised as follows:
- 178 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 303 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 118 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.