Daraa instability | Head of Air-force Intelligence security detachment assassinated in western countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the death of a top officer who serves as the head of the Air-force Intelligence security detachment in Nawa city in west Daraa countryside, after unknown gunmen opened fire on his car while travelling on the road between Sheikh Saad and Nawa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 966 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 650 persons, categorised as follows:
- 178 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 304 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 118 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.