Kidnapped a week ago | Young man found dead in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: As security chaos continues throughout Daraa province, SOHR sources have reported that a young man was found dead near Sayda highway in the eastern countryside of Daraa, after he had been kidnapped nearly by unknown gunmen in Sahem Al-Golan town a week ago, while he was in his work in a shop for mobile phones maintenance.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 966 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 651 persons, categorised as follows:
- 179 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 304 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 118 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.