Southern Syria | New assassination targeting settled-statue arms dealer in western countryside of Daraa
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
Incidents of security chaos continue in Daraa governorate in southern Syria, including assassinations on collaborators, members and volunteers with regime forces, in addition to attacks and assassinations on settled-statue members, who struck reconciliation deals with the regime. In this context, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored a new assassination in Daraa governorate, which targeted a person who was previously engaged in arms trade during the opposition factions’ control of several areas in Daraa governorate. And then he struck reconciliation deal with the regime after regime forces took control of Daraa governorate.
According to Syrian Observatory sources, unidentified gunmen opened fire on him on the road between Ain Thakar-Tsil in the western countryside of Daraa, killing him instantly.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 969 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 653 persons, categorised as follows:
- 179 civilians, including 12 women and 17 children
- 304 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 119 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.