Deteriorating security in HTS-held areas | Unidentified person found dead near Syria border with Iskenderun region
Idlib Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: In light of the escalating security chaos in areas under the control of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and opposition factions in north-west Syria region, SOHR sources have reported that unidentified person was found dead and dumped by the street in Al-Ajamy area in Salqin city in north-western Idlib, near the Syria border with Iskenderun region.
SOHR sources reported a few hours ago that the body of a young man was found with gunshot wounds and burned and dumped on the road between Al-Dana and Tarmanen in the northern countryside of Idlib. It was found out that the body belonged to a medic and former member of Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement from Darat Izza city in the western countryside of Aleppo.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 757. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 228 civilians, including 24 children and 23 women
- 444 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 80 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.