Daraa city | Explosion in car belonging to “Counter-Narcotics Department” leaves several people injured
Daraa governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR sources have reported the explosion of an IED in a car belonging to the “Counter-Narcotics Department”, while the car was patrolling in the neighbourhood of Al-Kashif in the city of Daraa. The explosion injured three members of the patrol and caused material damage in the area. This comes in light of the spread of drugs and narcotics in Daraa and all areas of Syria.
Yesterday, SOHR activists reported hearing an explosion in Jassim city in the northern countryside of Daraa, caused by an IED explosion in a car which a civilian family was travelling in. The explosion has killed a man and his son and injured the rest members of the family, some seriously.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 975 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 657 persons, categorised as follows:
- 182 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 305 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 119 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.