Daraa | Unknown assailants target security checkpoint in al-Laja area, and others assassinate head of village in countryside
Daraa governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR sources say that unknown assailants targeted a checkpoint of the “State Security” branch, east of Soor village in Al-Laja area in Daraa countryside, but no casualties have been reported.
On the other hand, a man serving as a head of village in the western countryside of Daraa, was killed after being shot by unknown assailants in the center of his town of al-Sheikh Saad, west of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 980 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 660 persons, categorised as follows:
- 183 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 307 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 119 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.