Security chaos in areas held by HTS and factions | Gunmen kill civilian in western Aleppo countryside
Aleppo governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has documented the death of one person by unknown gunmen in the western Aleppo countryside in the areas held by HTS and opposition factions, where unknown assailants shot dead a person working as a guard of a small football stadium between the town of Abzamo and the city of Al-Attarib, west of Aleppo.
On April 7, SOHR activists said that the mutilated body of a man was found lying near the village of Al-Tawama in the western Aleppo countryside. According to sources, the body belongs to the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the “Salvation Government”, who went missing five days ago while going to work. This comes as part of the ongoing security chaos in the areas held by HTS and factions.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 762. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 231 civilians, including 24 children and 23 women
- 447 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 80 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.