Assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen open fire on regime army defector in Tafas
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a regime army defector in Tafas city in the western countryside of Daraa, injuring him seriously, as gunshots hit the man’s abdomen and thigh.
Yesterday, SOHR sources reported that unknown gunmen shot dead an ex-fighter of opposition factions, who struck a reconciliation deal with regime security services and joined the 4th Corps, in the Muzayreb town in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 986 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 667 persons, categorised as follows:
- 185 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 310 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 121 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 24 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.