West of Daraa | Civilian injured by unknown assailants in al-Yarmouk Basin area
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR activists have documented the injury of one person, after being shot by unidentified gunmen in the town of Saham al-Golan in the area of al-Yarmouk Basin in the western countryside of Daraa.
SOHR activists say that an agent of the “Military Security” and another one working as a collaborator with the regime’s security services were injured, after being targeted by unknown assailants, hours ago, in the city of Al-Sanamin in the northern countryside of Daraa.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has documented the death of a settled-status member, who later joined the “4th Division”, after being shot dead in the area of Daraa camp in the city of Daraa, where his body was found an hour after his kidnapping.
Yesterday, SOHR sources reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a regime army defector in Tafas city in the western countryside of Daraa, injuring him seriously, as gunshots hit the man’s abdomen and thigh.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 989 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 668 persons, categorised as follows:
- 185 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 310 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 122 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 24 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.