Deteriorating security in south Syria | Young man found dead in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: As security chaos is escalating throughout south Syria region, SOHR sources have reported that the body of an unidentified young man was found with gunshot wounds at head and dumped on the outskirts of Tasil town in the western countryside of Daraa. The young man was taken to Al-Omary mosque in the town, as anyone may identify him.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 997 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 674 persons, categorised as follows:
- 185 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 312 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 125 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 24 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.